How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"Little did I know that gigabit Ethernet was available here in
West Allis, well, at least in my building anyway. After seeing the
little pink "marker" on my building on the map, I requested more
information from ShopforEthernet.com. In less than 5 minutes
I was on the phone talking to a live human being who was able
to contact the carrier and have an official quote on my desk
the next business day. You're not going to find this kind of
service or value anywhere else. I know. I've looked!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Wisconsin:
| Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to West Allis Wisconsin Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a West Allis Wisconsin business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this:
How does this tool work?
- Enter your street address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you would like to learn more, you'll be able to enter you contact information to receive a phone call from our staff of Ethernet service experts.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.