How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"ShopforEthernet.com was recommended to me by the value added
reseller who services my phone system when he overheard me complaining
about the slowness of our web server which is hosted here in my
office in Wailuku. My server was fine, but our
bonded T1 line that connects it to the Internet was saturating
everyday during peak business hours. I didn't want to spend any
more money that I am now on bandwidth, and was very happy to see
that an Ethernet over copper connection from XO communications was
able to allow me the ability to upgrade to 10MB without spending
a penny more than I am now. Not only is the service cost effective,
my connection is better quality."
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Hawaii:
| Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How does this tool work?
- Simply enter your address in the from above.
- A map with your location and markers will be displayed. The markers tell you the surrounding buildings which have been "lit" by some major telecom service providers, such as XO, Level 3 and Telnes.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Wailuku Hawaii Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a Wailuku Hawaii business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this:
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.