How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"ShopforEthernet.com was recommended to me by the value added
reseller who services my phone system when he overheard me complaining
about the slowness of our web server which is hosted here in my
office in Sparks. My server was fine, but our
bonded T1 line that connects it to the Internet was saturating
everyday during peak business hours. I didn't want to spend any
more money that I am now on bandwidth, and was very happy to see
that an Ethernet over copper connection from XO communications was
able to allow me the ability to upgrade to 10MB without spending
a penny more than I am now. Not only is the service cost effective,
my connection is better quality."
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Nevada:
| Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Sparks Nevada Businesses?
Ethernet technology makes it possible for Sparks Nevada businesses who reside close to
the physical Lit Building of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. Local Phone Company between
the Sparks Nevada business and the ISP was removed. It reduces costs and increases the amount
of speed the ISP is able to provide.
The connection with Local Phone Company looks like this:
The connectoin with Ethernet technology is illustrated below:
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
How does this tool work?
- You enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.