How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"I learned about this site while talking to a colleague at a
Red Sox game. He said that we was able to determine if Ethernet
was available in his downtown Boston location, talk to an
experience broadband consultant (not sales agent), and get an
official quote in less than 1 business day. Being a heavy
T1 user myself in dire need of an upgrade, I checked out
ShopforEthernet.com and was able to order service for my
building as well. There is such a huge difference between
1.5MB and 10MB, and it only cost $998 with a 3 year contract.
If you'd like to use this as a testimonial for your site,
please feel free to use it."
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in California:
| Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How does this tool work?
- Enter your street address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Sherman Oaks California Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a Sherman Oaks California business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this: