How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"As the head of IT, it is my job to make sure that
our enterprise has enough bandwidth to function efficiently.
When we outgrew our T1 line I knew that we were going to
be looking at either a bonded T1 of fractional DS3.
Thankfully I found this web site and learned that I
could get an XO Ethernet over copper 10MB connection
for under $1000. It wasn't too long ago that just
1.5BM cost about that same amount!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in California:
| How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How does this tool work?
- You enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Redondo Beach California Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a Redondo Beach California business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this: