How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"My business is very unique, but very bandwidth intensive. Ordering
another T1 just wasn't in the budget and my customers were starting
to leave because our bandwidth wasn't allowing our product to run
at the speed we promised. With the help of ShopforEthernet.com
I was able to learn about the benefits of Ethernet and how I could
get a 10MB connection for just $1000 (the combined cost of my two
current T1 lines). Since my current contract was about to expire
I was able to upgrade to 10MB and I pay the exact same as I used
to. My controller is happy and so are my customers. Thank you
for providing this valuable service!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Michigan:
| Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Plymouth Michigan Businesses?
When Plymouth Michigan businesses connect to the Internet, they are in essence accessing the ISP's network
by way of a Local Loop provided by the Local Phone Company, as illustrated below:
"Regular" (or SONET) connections include DS1, (T1), Bonded DS1,
DS3 (T3), Frame Relay, and OCX. Each service actually requires the cooperation of the
two companies between you and the Internet (the Local Phone Company and your ISP).
Having two companies in between you and the Internet adds cost to the equation, not
to mention multiple points of failure.
Connecting directly to your ISP is obviously ideal in that it reduces cost and increases
the amount of speed your ISP can provide. Ethernet technology allows business to "plug"
directly in to their ISP of choice providing that the customer is within a close
physical proximity to the ISP's access point, or what we call "Lit Building". Using
Ethernet, your connection to the Internet will look like this:
Ethernet technology makes it possible for businesses who reside close to the physical
Lit Buildings of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. The ISP is then able to
control the quality of the customer's LAN connection to the outside world, or to other
points within the network.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How does this tool work?
- Simply enter your address in the from above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- Enter your contact information, such as your phone number, email address, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the services.