How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"When I found this site I was very skeptical that I would find
an ethernet-enabled carrier in my building here in Oro Valley. No other
site on the Internet can give you that type of information. Heck,
even the carriers themselves have to do "research" and get back to
you. Real-time - yeah right! To my pleasant surprise, ShopforEthernet.com
did not disappoint. I found the information I was looking for,
was able to talk to an actual human being that actually knew something
about Ethernet, and the paperwork was a snap. Finally, a company
that makes it easy to purchase telecom and deal with carriers!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Arizona:
| How does this tool work?
- Enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with your location and markers will be displayed. The markers tell you the surrounding buildings which have been "lit" by some major telecom service providers, such as XO, Level 3 and Telnes.
- If you would like to learn more, you'll be able to enter you contact information to receive a phone call from our staff of Ethernet service experts.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Oro Valley Arizona Businesses?
When Oro Valley Arizona businesses connect to the Internet, they are in essence accessing the ISP's network
by way of a Local Loop provided by the Local Phone Company, as illustrated below:
"Regular" (or SONET) connections include DS1, (T1), Bonded DS1,
DS3 (T3), Frame Relay, and OCX. Each service actually requires the cooperation of the
two companies between you and the Internet (the Local Phone Company and your ISP).
Having two companies in between you and the Internet adds cost to the equation, not
to mention multiple points of failure.
Connecting directly to your ISP is obviously ideal in that it reduces cost and increases
the amount of speed your ISP can provide. Ethernet technology allows business to "plug"
directly in to their ISP of choice providing that the customer is within a close
physical proximity to the ISP's access point, or what we call "Lit Building". Using
Ethernet, your connection to the Internet will look like this:
Ethernet technology makes it possible for businesses who reside close to the physical
Lit Buildings of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. The ISP is then able to
control the quality of the customer's LAN connection to the outside world, or to other
points within the network.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.