| How does this tool work?
- Simply enter your address in the from above.
- A map with your location and markers will be displayed. The markers tell you the surrounding buildings which have been "lit" by some major telecom service providers, such as XO, Level 3 and Telnes.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Indiana Pennsylvania Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a Indiana Pennsylvania business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this:
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.