How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"Ethernet is a pretty new service that hasn't been talked
about much. Truth be told, without this web site it is
darn near impossible to even know to even bother trying
to find out it its available in your area. After just
5 minutes I learned that I could get a 20MB Ethernet
connection for under $2000, which made my boss extremely
happy. Fractional DS3 prices for the same amount were
ranging between $3500 and $6000. Needless to say I'll
be recommending this site to other IT professionals who
need Ethernet but don't know where to look to get it."
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Indiana:
| How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
How does this tool work?
- Enter your street address in the form above.
- A map with your location and markers will be displayed. The markers tell you the surrounding buildings which have been "lit" by some major telecom service providers, such as XO, Level 3 and Telnes.
- Enter your contact information, such as your phone number, email address, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the services.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Greenwood Indiana Businesses?
When Greenwood Indiana businesses connect to the Internet, they are in essence accessing the ISP's network
by way of a Local Loop provided by the Local Phone Company, as illustrated below:
"Regular" (or SONET) connections include DS1, (T1), Bonded DS1,
DS3 (T3), Frame Relay, and OCX. Each service actually requires the cooperation of the
two companies between you and the Internet (the Local Phone Company and your ISP).
Having two companies in between you and the Internet adds cost to the equation, not
to mention multiple points of failure.
Connecting directly to your ISP is obviously ideal in that it reduces cost and increases
the amount of speed your ISP can provide. Ethernet technology allows business to "plug"
directly in to their ISP of choice providing that the customer is within a close
physical proximity to the ISP's access point, or what we call "Lit Building". Using
Ethernet, your connection to the Internet will look like this:
Ethernet technology makes it possible for businesses who reside close to the physical
Lit Buildings of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. The ISP is then able to
control the quality of the customer's LAN connection to the outside world, or to other
points within the network.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.