How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"Until one week ago I didn't even know what a metro Ethernet
connection was. A telecommunications publication mentioned how
it was going to drastically reduce the price per meg to businesses
who qualified for service (IE: who were lucky enough to reside
in a "Lit Building"). Not knowing if my building here in Fort Wright
had Ethernet available in it, I found ShopforEthernet.com through
Google. After a few minutes I was pleasantly surprised to learn
that it was available, and the knowledgeable consultant who contacted
me was able to help me place my order which should be installed
next week. Thanks for all your help."
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Kentucky:
| Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How does this tool work?
- Enter your building address in the form above.
- You will see a map with your location along with markers of surrounding buildings who have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Fort Wright Kentucky Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a Fort Wright Kentucky business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this: