How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"Little did I know that gigabit Ethernet was available here in
Des Moines, well, at least in my building anyway. After seeing the
little pink "marker" on my building on the map, I requested more
information from ShopforEthernet.com. In less than 5 minutes
I was on the phone talking to a live human being who was able
to contact the carrier and have an official quote on my desk
the next business day. You're not going to find this kind of
service or value anywhere else. I know. I've looked!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Iowa:
| Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How does this tool work?
- Enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Des Moines Iowa Businesses?
When Des Moines Iowa businesses connect to the Internet, they are in essence accessing the ISP's network
by way of a Local Loop provided by the Local Phone Company, as illustrated below:
"Regular" (or SONET) connections include DS1, (T1), Bonded DS1,
DS3 (T3), Frame Relay, and OCX. Each service actually requires the cooperation of the
two companies between you and the Internet (the Local Phone Company and your ISP).
Having two companies in between you and the Internet adds cost to the equation, not
to mention multiple points of failure.
Connecting directly to your ISP is obviously ideal in that it reduces cost and increases
the amount of speed your ISP can provide. Ethernet technology allows business to "plug"
directly in to their ISP of choice providing that the customer is within a close
physical proximity to the ISP's access point, or what we call "Lit Building". Using
Ethernet, your connection to the Internet will look like this:
Ethernet technology makes it possible for businesses who reside close to the physical
Lit Buildings of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. The ISP is then able to
control the quality of the customer's LAN connection to the outside world, or to other
points within the network.