How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"Little did I know that gigabit Ethernet was available here in
Columbia, well, at least in my building anyway. After seeing the
little pink "marker" on my building on the map, I requested more
information from ShopforEthernet.com. In less than 5 minutes
I was on the phone talking to a live human being who was able
to contact the carrier and have an official quote on my desk
the next business day. You're not going to find this kind of
service or value anywhere else. I know. I've looked!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in South Carolina:
| Why is Metro Ethernet Important to Columbia South Carolina Businesses?
Ethernet technology makes it possible for Columbia South Carolina businesses who reside close to
the physical Lit Building of ISPs to hop directly on to their networks. Local Phone Company between
the Columbia South Carolina business and the ISP was removed. It reduces costs and increases the amount
of speed the ISP is able to provide.
The connection with Local Phone Company looks like this:
The connectoin with Ethernet technology is illustrated below:
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.
How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
How does this tool work?
- Enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you would like to learn more, you'll be able to enter you contact information to receive a phone call from our staff of Ethernet service experts.
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.