How does Ethernet compare?
In Their Own Words:
|"My boss just purchased a video conferencing platform as was
pretty upset when it saturated our T1 line. Our options
were either drop the video conference service or order another
T1. Thankfully, I found ShopforEthernet.com using a Google
search and learned that I could get a 10MB Ethernet over
copper connection for the same price as a bonded T1. My
boss is now very happy with the speed and clarity of our
video conference service, now that we have enough throughput
to support it!"
Gigabit Ethernet in the following cities in Maryland:
| How is this tool valuable?
The GeoQuote Ethernet locator is valuable for people or business who are looking to:
- establish a direct relationship with a provider without the local Bell in the equation.
- gather information that will be helpful in the planning stages of broadband deployment for a new real-estate development.
- find a carrier who provides QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees. Since the carrier you select is in complete control of your connection, it is much easier for them to provide QoS.
- substantially upgrade their current broadband connections.
- move into a building with existing carrier facilities.
How does this tool work?
- You enter your building address in the form above.
- A map with markers will be displayed. That tells you that how many buildings have been "lit" by the major telecom service providers in your area.
- If you enter your contact information, our staff of Ethernet service experts will contact you about the service you are interested in.
Why is Metro Ethernet Important to College Park Maryland Businesses?
"Regular" connections include T1, DSL, Bonded DS1,
T3, OCX and Frame Relay. Each service requires the Local Phone Company and your ISP to connect
you and the Internet. That adds extra expense to the equation and increases the possiblity
of multiple points of failure, as illustrated below:
By using Ethernet technology, a College Park Maryland business is able to "plug" directyl in to its
Internet service provider. It reduces costs and increases the amount of speed the ISP can provide.
The connection will look like this:
Is this lookup tool free?
Yes. We do not require that you pay a fee to access this information - however, we do
require that you purchase service through us if you decide to buy. We are compensated from
the participating carriers when you order through us, which pays for the development and
maintenance of this web site.
Can I order Ethernet service online?
Not yet. Even if our Metro Ethernet lookup tool shows you are in an On-Net building, we must still go
through a manual check on both pricing and service availability. However, know that our Ethernet
Experts are here to assist you with every step of the process.